Thursday, August 16, 2012

" I need how many vaccinations for India?"



I have begun planning for my next two trips to Asia, so I thought I should do the prudent thing; check the State Department web site for travel advisories and find out what special vaccinations might be needed...'cuz you just never know...

As I will be going to not only China, but also India, the potential dangers both physical and pathological make for some pretty interesting reading.  Here are the recommended vaccinations for India:
  • DPT Booster
  • Hepatitis A (incase you decide to, perhaps...eat something...)
  • Hepatitis B (recommended if you may come in contact with someone's bodily fluids - I presume they mean other than your own...  or, and I love the way the CDC words this "...have sexual contact with the native population." - does that mean the entire native population or just a part of it?  Anyhow, not on my itinerary to be sure...)
  • Typhoid (yikes)
  • Japanese Encephalitis (not sure what that is, but it sounds bad)
  • Rabies - they warn you about this if you plan on, among other things, bicycling - not sure I see the connection but this is the CDC so I will take their word for it.
And then they go on to advise bringing malaria treatment medication, and warn you about a host of other diseases you are likely to encounter like denge fever, and many more that are unpronounceable.

Anyhow, next week I have my appointment at the travel clinic.  Good times...

I depart for China, Korea and Japan on August 31st.  India will happen in November

No comments:

Post a Comment