Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Two all chicken patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese...

Sad to admit I still remember the entire Big Mac song from the 1980's commercials...

In Indian manufacturing plants, there are often no places nearby to have lunch.  In addition, most workers do not have their own cars so the company provides a cafeteria.  I had lunch a few times this week in such places, and the food was not bad, at least by my standards.  On one day, my meetings lasted through lunch so food was delivered to the plant - McDonalds.  Perhaps they did this because they thought I woud like it, or perhaps they order from here often.  At any rate, a Big Mac is clearly not the same thing here, made with chicken patties in place of beef.  I have to say it was surprisingly good - the chicken was spicy and the sauce had a nice smokey flavor.  Otherwise, it was just like its American counterpart.  I think I would take this over its beef version any day.


If you like spicy foods, you will likely enjoy India.  I have had nothing that was painfully hot, but everything has been flavorful, well prepared, and I am glad to say recognizable - with a couple of exceptions.  The dipping sauce pictured above was apparently made from cilantro and lava.  Wow!!  Following dinner Saturday night, an amazing plate of rogan josh, my Indian coworker offered me an Indian after-dinner item - it looked like a mint leaf wrapped around something.  My friend popped his so I followed, popping the entire thing into my mouth and biting down...   I think the leaf was wrapped around a urinal cake.  As after dinner mints go, this was maybe the worst ever.  I smiled, chewed and swallowed....  Hey, I'm a pro after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment