Friday, October 19, 2012

Beware of wandering cows!

In Ahmedabad (pronounded ahm'-da-bod), cows and stray dogs are everywhere; wandering in fields, lying at the edge of the road, foraging through piles of garbage which I am sad to say are numerous here.  While riding through town in a taxi, we passed 4 lying in the middle of the road with busses, taxis and auto-rickshaws whizzing past.  They all have rather menacing looking horns too...


I asked Samir, my Indian coworker how the cows survive here - there seems to be little for them to graze on.  Samir told me that some people will give them food, but mostly the feed on whatever they can find.

There seem to be a lot of donkeys too.  I tried to snap a picture of one standing in the median of a busy road from my speeding taxi - but I think I hit the shutter a half second too soon...


Just another ass on the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment