Tuesday, November 27, 2012

You Know You Travel Too Much When...

There are times when you want to be recognized, like when you pass through the doorway of your grandmother's house, or a favorite restaurant.  It's a good feeling to know you are in familiar surroundings and are welcomed.  This is one of the things community is based on.

 In some situations, however, recognition could be a sign you are quite frankly doing too much of something.  There are any number of doorways you can walk past where your don't want to hear your name yelled from within; donut shops, strip clubs, liquor stores, rehab centers... the list could go on.  I am really OK with vices and bad habits, but like all things moderation is the key.  Too much of anything will kill you.

So where am I going with this?  Today I arrived at the Delta ticket counter in Minneapolis to check a bag for my trip to Shanghai, and the ticket agent knew my name before I even handed him my boarding pass.  Perhaps he just has an extraordinary memory, or maybe this is a sign of something.  I am not calling travel a vice, heck this is my job after all, but this does make one thing clear - I am spending a lot of time in airports... 

No comments:

Post a Comment