Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm On Dead Floating Pig Watch!

The China Daily this morning reported the number of dead pigs pulled this week from the city's Huangpu River is now officially 5,916 and counting.  I am working in my Shanghai office today which overlooks this river.  Numerous scans have not turned up any visible pig carcasses, but I will keep a vigilant eye out.  Still no official word on the source, although ear tags on some pigs show them coming from neighboring Jiangxi Province.

Also no word on the cause.  Perhaps the pigs in China have become despondent over their future prospects leading to a mass porcine suicide.  I can picture the poor porker's final moments as he plunges from the riverbank to his doom.  "You want to eat me mother f&%$@*, well eat THIS!" followed by a splash, a faint squeal, and... OK, I think I need some coffee or something...

Shanghai's Huangpu River, sans any visible pig carcasses

No comments:

Post a Comment