Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 2012 - Leuven, Belgium

I am on what I have been describing as a "short trip" - to Belgium.  Since nearly all of my trips are outside of North America, when I say short I mean duration, not distance.  I think I will spend more time in the air than on the ground...   I have been to Belgium once before, but it was also brief, just an in and out day trip from Germany.  However, this trip I will spend one night in Leuven, near Brussels. 

Leuven is famous for two things; it houses the oldest Catholic university in the world, and it is home to InBev, the worlds largest brewing company.  In fact, my hotel is directly across the street from the Stella Artois brewery.  Fortunately - no detectable brewery smell so far



Such a view!

I have dinner plans with coworkers in the evening, but today I was free to wander.  Leuven seems like a very nice town;  clean, everything looks well maintained, few cars - lots of pedestrians and bicycles - although I have yet to see anyone wearing a bike helmet. 

I also seems people here are rather polite...



Please and thank you...
More later.



No comments:

Post a Comment