Friday, December 28, 2012

In My Defense - Maybe the Last Word On Eating Blowfish...

I have received no small amount of grief from a few of you for sampling blow fish in China a few weeks back due to the potential danger of paralysis and death.  Well today, my wife (among the grief givers...) sent me the following link along with the comment "Interesting Article".

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/27/travel/travel-resolutions/index.html


I agree the article was interesting, and I believe this supports my position.  Trying blow fish falls pretty neatly within "Resolution #7 - Do at least one thing that scares you while you are on the road".  Eating potentially deadly food is scary to be sure, but statistically speaking your odds are much greater of dying an unexpected death from any number of everyday activities (driving a car, bicycling, living in Chicago...all of which I have done, enjoyed, and survived thus far) than eating an improperly prepared puffer fish.  Life is dangerous!  If you don't take a few chances, you will miss out on a lot.

'nuff said on this subject I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment