Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A German, a Brit, a Czech and an American walk into a bar...

This sounds like the beginning of a pretty good joke.  If I ever think of a punch line, I will let you know.  But nonetheless, the four of us did walk into a bar or two while traveling through the Czech Republic, and the beer was rather good I must say.  Czech's apparently like their beer.  I was introduced to Pilsner Urquell many years ago and I often choose this when I am in the mood for a lighter-tasting brew. 


If you order a "Bud" in the Czech Republic, you need to be more specific...


I was also introduced to, what the locals claim to be the original Budweiser.  I didn't know this, but there are apparently three beers called Budweiser in the world.  One is the "OK in a pinch" brew from St. Louis, the other two coming from the beer's namesake town in Czech.  I tried one, known as Budweiser Budvar - much better than the one at home, which I realize is not saying much.

No comments:

Post a Comment