Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Where is the Czech?

I am not sure that I have ever visited a country, yet seen so little of it as during this trip to the Czech Republic.  It is winter, this country is about as far north as southern Canada, and the days are accordingly short.  It was dark when I left the airport on the day I arrived.  It was dark when I rode to my customer on the first day.  It was raining the second day, and much of the last day was spent in the back seat of a small car with dirty windows.  I hope I get the chance to come back some day as what little I did get to see looked rather nice.  Here are a few pictures:



The Pilsner Urquell brewery in Pilsn.  The birthplace of Pilsner beer.  Perhaps the closest I have ever been to "holy ground"
 
Morning view from the Corinthia Hotel in Prague



Beer keg delivery in Pilsn.  For the tourists, no doubt.

The highlight of the trip was having lunch in the Pilsner Urquell brewery where they have a very nice restaurant. I had venison goulash with fresh grated horseradish and dumplings.  Traditional Czech food and really, really good. 

Had a beer too...

Prague in particular looks like it would be an interesting place to spend a few days.  I did get to ride through the city center (in the back of the tiny car with dirty windows...) and the place really seemed to have an old world feel to it.  Maybe next trip I will have more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment