Saturday, February 9, 2013

If you get me tired enough, I will eat almost anything...

The trip to Europe was uneventful - always a good thing when air travel is involved.  But after 8 hours to Paris, a 5 hour layover, another 1-1/2 hour flight to Prague where I had to wait 4 hours for all of my companions to arrive, and then a 3 hour drive to Olomouc in the eastern Czech Republic, I was to put it mildly "a bit tired" when we finally arrived.  Including my time in the Minneapolis airport before departure, I spent more time sitting in airports than I did in flight.  That just seems wrong.



View from the NH Hotel in Olomouc, Czech.

As I generally avoid airline food unless I am absolutely desperate, I had not eaten anything save a banana since Paris and I was famished when we reached our hotel, as were my companions.  Fortunately, the hotel restaurant was still open and the food was quite good, albeit a little strange.  I ordered the roast pork loin and "pig trotter".  Had I been less tired, I would have first asked what a "trotter" was, or at least I would have deduced what it might be. But alas, there is an inverse relationship between sleep deprivation and mental agility. Click on this link and  Say hello to dinner!

It tasted better than it looks, but like eating chicken feet in China, I had to try and think past what my dinner had been "trotting" through...

My companions for this trip are a Brit, a German and a Czech.  This is my first trip to the Czech Republic, and actually my first travel "behind the iron curtail" as we used to call it.  My schedule sadly is very tight and I doubt I will get to do any sightseeing, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment